If you are choosing a security camera for a vacant rental property or to protect some of your expensive tools at a job site, you may be faced with a difficult decision to make.If уоu need a crisp, high resolution рiсturе, rоbuѕt night viѕiоn сараbilitiеѕ оr trаnѕmit оvеr a grеаtеr diѕtаnсе thеn thе basic wirеlеѕѕ camera kit mау nоt work.
When buying the best wirеlеѕѕ ѕесuritу camera for a vacant lot, There are two types of security cameras should be considered. In ѕоmе саѕеѕ it might mаkе sense tо uѕе a security саmеrа thаt iѕ trаditiоnаllу uѕеd in a wired inѕtаllаtiоn in conjunction with a separate trаnѕmittеr/rесеivеr with muсh grеаtеr capabilities.
Best Security Cameras For Vacant Homes
1.Sricam IP Wifi Camera
This is really easy to configure a wifi security camera, since it only requires connecting it to the internet, downloading the Sricam application, and connecting to the wifi with the use of the key, without the need for IP configuration. It is also very versatile because it is compatible with IOS and Android, so you can view the images from any mobile device. As the camera is also very functional because it comes with sensor movement which sends an alert to your mobile phone and can vary the angle of view both horizontally and vertically. In addition, it has a night vision range of up to 10 m. As if that were not enough, it has two-way audio, so you can communicate.
2. YI 4pc Security Home Camera
This is a very versatile wireless surveillance camera since you can use it inside your home and also outdoors. In addition, its high definition with 10 built-in LEDs, allows you to capture very sharp images even in the dark. Thanks to its vertical and horizontal rotation, it allows you to get a complete 360-degree view.
It has a bidirectional microphone with an anti-noise filter included, which will allow you to listen and speak with an excellent level of clarity. In addition, its intuitive If cam application makes configuration very easy and fast. It has a high memory capacity, as it accepts external memory up to 128 GB.
3. SZsinoncam PTZ Security Camera Outdoor 1080P
Although it also works inside your home or business, this wireless surveillance camera has been specially designed for the outside, so it can withstand rain, strong winds, and extreme climates. In addition, it has an unbeatable night vision system that allows you to capture images from 26 feet away in total darkness, and up to 49 feet, if there is ambient light.
Its motion detector is very effective, it activates and starts recording immediately, at the slightest movement. It is very easy to install, through the Szsinocam mobile application, and supports an SD memory card of up to 64 GB. Its two-way voice function makes it very useful for monitoring children or older adults.
4. Chortau Outdoor Security Wireless Camrea
This is a dome-type IP camera, ideal to keep an eye on your home, Its video in 1080p Full HD quality and night vision, allows you to capture very clear images regardless of the lighting of the site. Its wireless function is installed very easily through the 360Eyes S application, which allows you to observe everything from your cell phone.
It comes with a tilt, rotate, and zoom function, to keep an eye on the entire space, without blind spots. In addition, it has a built-in microphone and speaker, very useful to listen to your baby or identify any strange sounds. Your motion detector emits an immediate alert to the phone and begins recording, in such a way that the camera memory is used to the maximum.
Things To Consider When Buying a Security Camera For a Vacant Property
If we look at all the technical specifications of each of the cameras, we could go crazy, so we are going to see the 6 following types of cameras in a simple way.
1. Does it have infrared technology
This is a very popular type of camera for both businesses and homes.
- Infrared cameras produce high-resolution color video during the day and preferred to use in low light or no light conditions.
- They can “brighten the area” by automatically changing from color to black and white. Infrared illuminators turn on and allow you to see much more clearly than the human eye sees in low or no light.
- Whether you plan to use it indoors or outdoors, these cameras provide a great advantage in low-light or no-light situations.
- They can be resistant to the elements and withstand high and low temperatures without the need to add any type of additional cover.
- Indoor Infrared cameras provide a clear video image in both light and darkness.
2. Style of Camera
Dome cameras also have different styles for example infrared domes, indoor domes, outdoor domes, vandal-proof domes, and controllable Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) domes. Classic smoked bubble dome cameras offer an additional degree of surveillance, as friends, customers, employees, and thieves will have a harder time trying to figure out where the lens is pointing. Smoked covers do not affect image quality.
- With a dome camera, you will have a sharp, high-resolution color image.
- Most PTZ cameras also have a dome-type cover.
- Professional Box type cameras are used both indoors and outdoors with a cover.
3. Type of Camera
Pro Box cameras are known for their high video quality and often found in banks, supermarkets, stores that are open 24 hours, etc.
- In Pro Box cameras you can change the lenses according to the angle of view and the zoom you need.
- Some Pro Box cameras are called “day or night cameras” as they can go from being color during the day to black and white at night or in low light conditions.
- The less light there is, the better you can see the camera even in total darkness.
- Infrared cameras are considered night vision cameras and are classified as “0 Lux”. Possibly a box camera is more convenient for you if you don’t need or don’t want an infrared camera and you are more concerned about video quality during daylight hours.
4. Additional features offered
These are cameras that can be controlled through the digital video recorder (DVR), from a remote viewing program and/or from a remote, these cameras can move up, down, left, and right and also have the ability to zoom.
- For example, you can capture a plate or zoom to a face from afar.
- You can also program them to make predetermined turns and allow them to monitor certain areas while you are away.
- Airports, casinos, and large department stores are basic examples that use PTZ cameras for their security.
- PTZ cameras are expensive and can be had for as low as $ 500. The question would be: do you really need this type of camera? Can you use still cameras to achieve the resolution you want?
- Controllable PTZ cameras require an additional cable for operation. You need a CAT5 cable in addition to the Siamese RG-59 coaxial power/video cable to be able to control it live and over the Internet. Simply put a CAT5 cable next to the RG-59 and you can control your PTZ camera.
5. Do you want a hidden camera
These offer perhaps the highest degree of vigilance. If you don’t want someone to know that there is a camera, use a hidden camera. Some examples of types of hidden cameras are fake objects that pretend to be something else, such as smoke detectors, motion detectors, clocks, sprinklers, EXIT signs.
- The main disadvantage is that hidden cameras do not have infrared capabilities, which greatly limits their performance in low light.
- Also, many hidden cameras are not weather resistant, so if you use them outside, they won’t be as useful as a bullet or dome infrared cameras.
- Pharmacies, hotel lobbies, homes for the disabled are some examples of the uses that are given to hidden cameras.
6. Wired or wireless
Wired cameras offer a wide variety of cameras and most importantly, higher video quality than wireless ones. Wireless cameras are somewhat deceptive, as they need to be connected to power in the same place where the camera is located, they also need an unobstructed line of sight, which can sometimes be inconvenient.
- Reliability and video quality are the main reasons for the recommendation of a wired camera. Wired cameras are connected to power at the location where the digital video recorder (DVR) is located using only one cable (Siamese RG-59 power/video coax), which runs from the DVR to each individual camera. You can install cameras up to a distance of almost 250m(800ft) using this particular type of cable. If you need to extend it to a distance greater than 250 m (800 ft), you will need to use a CAT5 cable with a balun and/or amplifier.
- If you use wired cameras, you are guaranteed a much higher lifespan and quality.
- Obstacles are not a problem for wired cameras. With this in mind, you may occasionally come across a location or other that does or does need a wireless camera, in this case, you can plug the transmitter into the back of the DVR.
Benefits of Having a Security Camera
Thanks to the constant advances in technology, today you can have an artificial intelligence camera that offers a large number of advantages, which are the following:
- Access to images: direct from the network through a computer or mobile.
- Recording configuration: continuously when programming the schedule.
- Saving money: precisely because it does not merit a monthly payment.
- Possibility of expanding the system: as they are autonomous, more can be installed later in other parts of the house.
- View multiple images: they can all be viewed together on the same screen.
- Easy installation: even for those that will be placed outdoors, it is a very fast process.
- It has a remote rotation system: in this way you can move the camera to the desired angle to have another view.
- Maximum security: if the case is that an intruder entered the house, thus stealing the camera or uninstalling it, all the images will be stored in the cloud.
Choosing the best security camera for your vacant property doesn’t have to be a hard decision. The cameras according to the use you will give them. Weatherproof infrared cameras are the most popular for jobs sites or vacant land recording, and dome cameras are the most popular for indoors.
Find out which are the most popular and highest-rated cameras based on customer and installer reviews.
Always choose high-resolution cameras that you know will be of superior quality to many other cameras on the market. Cameras with 480 lines or more (high resolution compared to the normal resolution found in 380 or 420 line cameras) are good value for money. In addition, there are now super-high-resolution cameras, which have more than 500 lines of resolution.
All cameras vary and offer the ability to use them indoors, outdoors, and in infrared mode. They will explain it to you when you look for the different cameras.