More and more homeowners are selecting tile as the flooring of choice in kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, and other locations in the house. They want to look classy and offer an easy-to-clean. Cleaning tiles in the kitchen, living rooms, bathrooms, and other rooms look so beautiful. But after a little wear and tear, tile floors can show it. The common reason for stain and discolor tile flooring include:
- Daily exposure to water.
- High levels of moisture and lack of ventilation.
- Porous excrement that absorbs spills more quickly.
- Soap excrement buildup from mopping, showering, or bathing.
Which type of bathroom tiles are you cleaning?
Before cleaning the bathroom tiles, you have to know what kind of tiles are you used. It’s essential to check what type of tile you’re cleaning. That’s you can make sure you won’t cause any damage.
Ceramic, porcelain, Marble, etc. are the types of bathroom tile. Ceramic and porcelain tiles are easy to clean, with most cleaning products and solutions. Acids like lemon and vinegar can damage marble. That’s why you have to be careful about the type of cleaner you use.
How To Clean a Bathroom Tile?
There is a mane way to clean bathroom tiles properly. Before cleaning, you must have to choose an effective method and whatever tile cleaning product you are using.
The things you’ll need:
- Cleaning sponge
- Mop and bucket
- Standard household cleaner
Before you clean tiles, you have to clean grouting first, use a ‘two-step’ cleaning process. In the first place, wash your tiles and grout with sugar cleanser utilizing a toothbrush and scouring brush.
You can use sope concentrate for this, mixed with warm water in a bucket – it works a treat. Use your toothbrush, scrubbing brush, and a bit of real effort to clean the grout and give it a decent going-over. Clean marble tile in the bathroom.
Lemon is an excellent cleaning product. It is natural acidic properties. Fill a spray bottle with lemon juice and spray onto the tiles before clean with a cloth or sponge.
How To Clean Bathroom Tiles With Vinegar
White vinegar is a great source to clean the bathroom. It is a natural disinfectant that works brilliantly as a tile cleaner. Fill white vinegar and water in the same amount and mix it, then spray into the tiles. After some time wipe down with a damp cloth.
- Begin by Pouring 1/4 cup of white vinegar into a larger bucket. Next add about 1 1/2 gallons of warm water to the bucket.
- Using either a scrub brush our rubber gloves, begin to mix the vinegar and the water together to ensure the solution is blended.
- After waiting about 5-10 minutes start Scrubbing down your bathroom tiles, if the
- dirt and grime between the grout is not coming up fast enough, add more vinegar to the water.
- Once the surface of the tiles and grout have been cleaned by your vinegar solution, rinse off the tiles with cold water to remove remaining reminisces of the vinegar solution.
- Lastly, Dry the floor with either a microfiber towel or air dry.
Keep in mind, this vinegar and water mixture is best used for materials excluding; natural stone marble, granite. Be sure to research manufactures warning before proceeding.
How to Clean Grout with Baking soda?
Baking soda is an effective tile cleaner. It is mainly for stubborn stains and grouting. To clean the bathroom baking soda sprinkle the tile with a thin coat of the powder. And then wipe down with a cloth soaked in lemon juice before rinsing with warm water.
- You can make a baking soda cleaning solution at home. To clean dirty grout, you need to make a paste of baking soda and water. You just need to mix an equal amount of water and baking soda in a bowl. After mixing well apply the paste on dirty grout.
- You can use a brush to apply the paste on grout. An old toothbrush and sponge also can be used. After applying the baking soda cleaning paste, for few minutes leave it onto the grout.
- Now pour an equal amount of warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle and mix it well. A spray bottle will make it easier to apply the liquid solution on the grout.
- Spray the vinegar solution directly on the grout. When the vinegar solution will combine with baking soda, they will create a fizzing reaction. This reaction will help to dissolve the dirt and clean the grout easily.
- Let the vinegar solution rest on the baking soda for a few minutes. For mold stains, you can also add hydrogen into the mixture.
- After 5-10 minutes, take a brush and scrub the baking soda into the grout. Scrubbing will help to remove the tough stains. Scrub the surface until the grout becomes clear white. Use a stiff-bristled brush for scrubbing.
- After scrubbing, clean the baking soda solution using a sponge or rag. If you found any stain still on the grout, repeat scrubbing again.
Alternative Ways To Clean Your Bathroom Tile
- Mold and Mildew Remover:
One of the easy ways to fight mold and mildew on your bathroom tile or shower curtain, try mixing equal parts of lemon juice and baking powder after that spread the mixture on the mold or mildewed area and leave for a couple of hours before rinsing.
- Minty Wash:
Minty wash is a handy method. Mix equal parts white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and water, and then add ½ tsp. of liquid dish soap and a little drops of peppermint essential oils.
- Kill the germs:
It is one of the most significant pieces of cleaning. A bathroom is a compassionate place for all family members, especially children, and old members. Cleaning the bathroom is just not necessary. It’s also essential to kill all the germs on bathroom tiles.
Using a handful of mouthwash mixed with a gallon of warm water offers a simple, fresh way to kill germs on your tile floor while also getting them clean. This mixture works well on tile flooring, but not on wood.
- Clean bathroom tile using salt:
The best way to clean mold is by using salt. Saltworks best when the area is meant to be cleaned is wet. To clean the bathroom using salt, you need coarse salt, a damp cloth, scrubbing brush.
At first, you wipe the infected area with a damp cloth so that the salt can be able to stick better. Then sprinkle the salt onto the tiles. After that scrub into needed parts. Then leave sometimes, for better results, leave it overnight and clean it properly.
- Clean with hydrogen peroxide:
Hydrogen peroxide makes an excellent whitening product for cleaning bathroom tiles. This technique is straightforward. It takes a short time to clean.
To clean this process, you need some things like – hydrogen peroxide, white flour or maida, and cellophane.
White flour and hydrogen peroxide mix in equal parts to form a thick paste. Then you need to apply the paste onto the desired areas and cover with the cellophane. After that, leave it overnight and scrub off.
- Steam Cleaning:
Steam cleaning is a great way to clean your bathroom tiles using heat and pressure. Who suffers from allergies to molds and chemicals; it’s the best way to clean. To clean, you need only one method, which is a steam cleaning machine.
You need to fix a small brush into the steaming lance. Then Steam a line into the grout.
After that lightly scrub with the brush as you move along. You need not much effort to come off the dirt. Then you wipe clean with a microfibre cloth.
- Organic Cleaners:
Natural products can be used in many other ways. Many different cleaning recipes can be made with the fixings recorded previously. You can easily clean your bathroom tile. You are keeping your home and washroom clean with regular items. It also reduces any risks of developing harmful illnesses like autism, asthma, reduced sperm count, leukemia, and childhood cancer.
How To Clean Pоrсеlаin Tiles For Bathroom
In general, whеn уоu say porcelain tiles it mеаnѕ thаt уоu need to ѕwеер and vacuum it аt lеаѕt twice a week. A dаmр ѕроngе mop can bе uѕеd. And thаt mор саn be immеrѕеd firѕt on a ѕоlutiоn that iѕ mаdе from ¼ cup оf white vinеgаr аnd 2 gаllоnѕ оf wаtеr.
Thiѕ iѕ оftеn considered аѕ thе gеnеrаl wау of cleaning thе tile. But if уоu wаnt specifics, then you muѕt know thаt for every ѕресiаl tуре оf porcelain tilе there will bе a set of ѕресiаl сlеаning ѕuggеѕtiоnѕ. Wе liѕt thе types of роrсеlаin tilеѕ, аnd thе ѕресiаl сlеаning ѕuggеѕtiоnѕ thаt you саn реrfоrm.
• How tо сlеаn thе unроliѕhеd роrсеlаin tilе?
Tо start the mаintеnаnсе рrосеѕѕ, уоu need tо sweep аnd vасuum the flооr firѕt. Wеt thе flооr with the use оf сlеаning ѕоlutiоnѕ and hоt wаtеr аnd lеt the ѕurfасе ѕtаnd fоr at least 5 minutеѕ. If there аrе ѕtаinѕ оn thе floor thаt аrе seemingly difficult to clean, what you саn do iѕ tо ѕсrub thе flооr аftеr thе сlеаning solution hаѕ bееn applied. Use a flооr mасhinе tо ѕсrub the flооr. Uѕе оnlу the active cleaning agents if the stains аrе rеаllу diffiсult.
• Hоw уоu can сlеаn the polished tilе?
If уоu bоught polished tilеѕ, thеn thе ѕаmе ѕtаrting ѕtерѕ аrе dоnе. The only еxсерtiоn is thаt уоu muѕt uѕе the un-trеаtеd and dry mop inѕtеаd of uѕing the broom. Thе solution thаt will be used оn the floor ѕhоuld bе lеѕѕ in tеrmѕ of thе ѕtrеngth оf thе сlеаning аgеnt- if роѕѕiblе this ѕhоuld be 50 реrсеnt lеѕѕ than what is usually used on thе unроliѕhеd porcelain tilе. Aftеr thеѕе, thе flооr can bе driеd uр ѕlоwlу.
• Whаt’ѕ thе рrореr wау оf сlеаning the tеxturеd tilе?
For the tеxturеd tilе, уоu nееd special сlеаning triсkѕ. Thе usual wаtеr аnd mор will nоt dо whеn сlеаning thе textured роrсеlаin tiles. If уоu оwn thеѕе kinds оf tilеѕ, then whаt уоu саn dо iѕ to mаkе thе cleaning mоrе frеԛuеntlу, and you nееd to sweep thе flооr in twо wауѕ. Onе wау iѕ tо fоllоw the direction of thе tile, and thе оthеr wау iѕ tо dо it diаgоnаllу. A nеutrаl cleaning solution ѕhоuld bе used tо rеmоvе remaining dirt, аnd оnсе the surface hаѕ driеd uр, thе ѕсrubbing оf the flооr should be dоnе in twо dirесtiоnѕ аѕ well.
It’s еvidеnt that thе bеttеr the ԛuаlitу оf the porcelain tilеѕ inѕtаllеd, the highеr thе nееd tо dеliсаtеlу сlеаn thеѕе tiles. Sо fоllоw all thеѕе recommendations, аnd уоu’ll bе glаd in thе еnd since the tilеѕ will lаѕt аnd its glоѕѕ will dеfinitеlу imрrеѕѕ.
To clean the bathroom tile, most of the people find chemical products. This type of work easily cleans our bathroom tile. Sadly, this chemical product will leave your bathroom even more toxic than before. That’s the reason, such as these essential household cleaning products can be replaced by natural ones. Not only are this type of work suitable for cleaning your bathroom tiles, but it can be used to clean various other parts of the home.