Crock pot can get dirty when food gets burnt in it, even remains of food can get stuck in it and it is left to clean up since it is not hygienic to cook. To clean up dirty crocks, there are several steps that can be taken. A crock pot can clean itself or using manual labor that is, scrubbing.
How to clean a crock pot with vinegar and baking soda
Using of vinegar-baking soda mixture: this is a natural method to clean a pot. Heat the mixture inside the crock pot instead of soaking the pot with water, then it does the work. This method save time and energy, it doesn’t affect or harm the pot, and it is safe for cooking because harmful substances are not left over after cleaning.
TOOLS TO USE
- Crock pot: do not leave the base of the crock pot in water.
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
Follow these steps for when cleaning a crock pot with baking soda:
- Add water into the stock pot till it passes the leftover food.
- Mix half cup of vinegar when using 3-quart crock pot and half baking soda but one cup of vinegar and baking powder for a 6-quart crock pot. Bubbles will form, allow it to die off.
- Cover the pot for an hour, allow it cool down then wash with soapy water and dry it.
Sometimes, you may just need to turn over the pot in the dishwasher and stuck food can then come off. Even some soap and dishwasher detergent are made in such a way that it can go through any grease or dirt in the pot.
How to clean a crock pot with burnt on food
Steps for removing burnt food from crock pot:
- Dry the stock pot very well with a towel or paper.
- Then spray oven cleaner on the burnt part in the pot.
- Leave the spared content in for some hours then wash and scrub it off with water.
- The amount of oven cleaner sprayed depend on the degree of burnt. Even though, it may leave off toxic residue in the pot which can result into food poisoning. This needs to be done cleaned properly.
- Next, scrub the pot vigorously with a rag or scrub brush.
- Lastly, rinse with hot water and allow to dry.
How To Clean a Moldy Crock Pot
Vinegar can not only promote cleaning but can also assure protection from fungal infection. Similar to vinegar lotion that can be availed from the home kitchen, you can also make use of ordinary cleaning lotions to remove fungi growth from crock pots. To get the best result, feel free to check the label of the product for the anti-fungal mark.
Cleaning fungi and mold growth may not be an easy task at times. The inclusion of some tips while doing the cleaning procedure can make the work easier and effortless. For example, consider that you are cleaning a crock pot with fungi and mold growth. Cleaning with water alone may not provide satisfactory results as per the requirement. Let’s see the easy way to clean mold from crock pots.
The accumulation of dirt on a crock pot can lead to things such as mold due to mold growth decomposing foods. Crock pots are a great cooking option when your pressed for time on a meal and don’t mind it slowing cooking. However,it is essential to make sure your crock pot is being cleaned regularly.