The remote control is one of the dirtiest items in your home. For sure, you will not be able to count how many times this tiny device is picked up in a day. Since it is one of the most used equipment, it is common for the bacteria to build up in this small item.
Keeping it cleaned and disinfected at all times is deemed necessary to eliminate the bacteria that may cause harm to the family, especially if there are children around. Cleaning a remote control is no easy feat because it is small and it contains keys that can hold dust and other particles in between and beneath its surface.
This task requires patience but if you have a tool that can do the work for you, then cleaning should be effortless.
How to Clean a Remote Control
- The cleaning of a remote control starts with the removal of its batteries.
- Put the battery aside and leave the compartment open.
- Next, tap it against your palm to remove debris in between the remote control keys.
- For the stubborn particles, try removing it by shaking. If you have a compressed air canister, blast a stream of gas to eliminate dust and other particles that are stuck in the control keys.
- This dispensable electronic equipment works great in removing particles stuck in between the keys and something that you may need to consider purchasing if you don’t have one yet.
- The last step is disinfection. For this, you will need 70% isopropyl alcohol and a cloth or paper towel. Wet the cloth or paper towel slightly with alcohol and wipe the remote control to clean its outer surface. After it’s cleaned and disinfected, allow the remote control to air dry and then re-install the batteries.
How To Clean a Sticky Remote Control
After some time the television far off from long periods of utilization will get filthy thus will the contacts inside making the far off inert and nervous to utilize. Controllers take a great deal of maltreatment from tacky fingers and other taints. Cleaning and keeping them clean can improve their activity. You can use liquid hand cleanser and warm water, rub tenderly with exposed hands. Wash with warm water and dry with kitchen tissue, clean off lingering dust. The contacts on the circuit board can clean with liquid.
- Rubbing alcohol
- cotton ball prompt tips.
- little screwdriver.
Following these steps will help you to clean your sticky remote:
- Dismantling the remote control:
First eliminate the batteries, at that point, discover the screws, most controllers attempt to shroud them, so you won’t open the distance they could be under a sticker, a catch, or profound into the remote control. Some don’t have screws and simply brace together. Some controls have two screws that can be effectively seen and others covered up under a plastic cover.
- Scouring down the circuit board:
Eliminate the elastic keypad which uncovers the circuit board, wipe the contacts all with a cotton ball, and use alcohol to rub likewise clean the unmistakable plastic piece where the I.R blaster position is.
- Cleaning elastic key cushion:
You wash the cushion in warm water. It depends on your choice, and afterward, drying with a hairdryer, then clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and sign tip. After following these processes, set up the remote back, and you are finished.
alcohol is an incredible cleaner for tacky things like this. It is frequently used by people to clean up. In case you are utilizing rubbing alcohol , get the 91% isopropyl alcohol and attempt that.
To prevent the spread of germs and viruses, it is recommended that you clean the remote control at least once a week. Cleaning it every day is also not a bad idea. The cleaning frequency would vary and depend on the vulnerability of your household to these germs and viruses.