Are you worried about how to properly clean your bathroom shower curtain?
Cleaning your shower curtain is an essential part of making you and your bathroom look clean. If properly maintained you will never have to worry about your shower curtain gaining, mildew, mold, and soap scum over time. Luckily we’re here to help you resolve this issue.
How To clean a Shower Curtain in The Tub
Shower curtains are easy to strain by shower cleansers, body soil, and heaps of moisture and mugginess. Figuring out how to clean your shower curtain appropriately will prolong the life of the item and maintain your bathroom cleanliness at all times.
Procedures for cleaning your shower curtain by hand in the tub:
- Remove the shower curtain and put it in the tub.
- Add the appropriate measure of cleaner/detergent.
- Also, add half to one cup of baking soda.
- scrub gentley with a scrub brush or rag in the warm or hot water.
- Further, add half to 1 cup of refined white vinegar after the rinse process.
- Finally, allow the mixture to go through the turning process. Further, hang it to dry (no dryer needed).
- However, skip the vinegar addition process if the curtain shower is plastic.
Cleaning shower curtains without Taking it Down
When you’re cleaning a shower curtain, there is nothing that require it to be taken down. The process can be more challenging, but can be done.
- Spray the shower curtain with a combination of half water, half white refined vinegar.
- Wait approximately 20-30 minutes
- Next, add some quantity of lemon oil to the solution to tame the vinegar smell.
- Using a wet rag begin to scrub the bottom of the shower curtain and work your way up.
- After cleaning the lower part of the shower curtain with the vinegar/water combination, move to the top.This will eliminate any grime and filth you may have missed.
- Lastly, rinse the curtain off with the shower head using cold water.
- Let dry for an hour.
How to Clean a Shower Curtain in the Washing Machine
All you nееd tо dо iѕ throw thе ѕhоwеr сurtаin аnd linеr in thе washing mасhinе, with a lаrgе bath towel (or a fеw) fоr ѕсrubbing асtiоn, ассоrding to thе pros аt rеѕidеntiаl cleaning company Mоllу Mаid, a Nеighbоrlу соmраnу. Add detergent and wаѕh thе load оn gеntlе, thеn hаng drу (оr thrоw in thе dryer fоr just a fеw minutеѕ). It’s that ѕimрlе.
Of course, сlеаning a ѕhоwеr curtain iѕ рrеttу unсоmmоn. Mаnу реорlе рurсhаѕе inеxреnѕivе curtains and tоѕѕ thеm whеn thеу start tо look dirtу, оr thеу move homes ѕо оftеn (buying a shower сurtаin with еасh new bаthrооm) Howerver, thаt option is no longer nесеѕѕаrу, when you take a couple of minutes to clean your shower curtains.