Chairs are a vital part of home furnishings. There are thousands of options to choose from with different colors, shapes, materials… Fabric chairs add elegance and class to your spaces. For that reason, they should always be as clean as possible.
In this article, we will explain the best tricks to clean the upholstery of these chairs.
How To Clean Wooden Chair
You should clean wooden chairs regularly. Because the wooden chair never loses its beauty. If you know how to clean it, it will always look like a new one. The type of wood is different for each piece of furniture.
So, you should ask the furniture maker about the procedure to keep it shiny and beautiful. You can use the furniture polish after the cleaning process. Therefore, it will make it more attractive.
You can use a microfiber cloth, cleaning solution, and mineral spirits to clean the wooden chairs. Just follow these easy steps for the best way to clean table chair-:
- Firstly, you need to remove the dust. So, you can use the microfiber cloth or, rag to remove the dust from it
- You can wipe off the dust from the chair using the rag. You can use a small amount of water. But you need to remove it instantly using another piece of dry cloth.
- To remove the sticky spots, you need a cleaning solution. I like to use dish soap to clean spots from the chairs. And make sure that you doing it quickly and use a dry cloth to eliminate water from it
- For extremely tough spots, the mineral spirit is the solution.
- You also can use wax or, polish the wood furniture for solving more problems and make it look good.
How To Clean a Fabric Table Chair
As they are generally placed in the dining room, they are exposed to many food stains: Wine, sauces, oil… If we see it stains, it is best to wash it instantly and prevent the stain from setting. The first step is to try to remove it with a damp microfiber cloth. If it doesn’t go away, the stain settled.
The type of fabric must be taken into account since there are several types: Some withstand water; others must be dry cleaned and others must only be vacuumed.
- If the fabric supports water, use water-based cleaners, ammonia with water isn’t recommended as it is very aggressive for the fabric.
If the water doesn’t suit the fabric, you will have to wipe it dry. Among these methods, you can use the vacuum cleaner or homemade tricks with baking soda or talc (it is more recommended for wet stains).
- If the fabric of the chairs is very delicate, it can only be cleaned by vacuuming it, since both dry cleaners and those made with water will deteriorate the fabric, making it unusable.
Can You Clean Wood With Vinegar?
Yes, you can. It is a wonderful cleaning solution without any doubt. Therefore the acidic nature of vinegar is very useful to remove any kind of spots or, dust. As it is not so abrasive it does not harm woods.
So, it is really a good option. You can use it as a cleaning solution instead of toxic chemical
Is It Necessary To Polish A Wooden Chair?
After cleaning, you can polish the chair. The dust and grime can make the chair looking bad. Polishing will then make it look like a new one. So, you need to polish it as well.
It’ѕ diffiсult tо correctly clean your table chairs if you are not properly instructed on the materials. Mоѕt chairs are made up of wooden with either a leather or fabric cushion. But in many cases some cases manufactures may decided to you different materials. That’s why it’s always important to check with the makers before cleaning your chairs.